Monday, December 15, 2008

Tim Griffin Likes Our Chances Next Year

At the close of our season review he says:
"And with the return of key players like Reesing, Sharp, Dexton Fields and Kerry Meier, a run at the Big 12 North title wouldn't be out of the question next season -- even with a tough slate of Big 12 South opponents again next season."
I know he doesn't follow Kansas as closesly as I do, but if you're going to publish stuff under the umbrella of the WWL I don't think it's too much to ask that you remember the names of guys who have 78 catches for 1206 yards and 12 TDs. Dezmon certainly doesn't have the household vitality of a Crabtree, but he's not exactly obscure either, especially for a Big XII "expert." And yes, I might have a case of the Mondays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a supposed Big 12 expert, he sure doesn't know our team.

Anonymous said...

I thought Meier was a senior this year.

Anonymous said...

Plus, since when is Dexton Fields returning?

I would assume he just mixed up Dexton and Dezmon, which is pretty unforgivable for someone whose job it is to follow Big 12 football, but makes more sense than simply leaving off Dez and including a graduated senior.

Hiphopopotamus said...

I am happy to report that Kerry is currently a RS Junior.

As for Dexton/Dezmon, that's what I was getting at with the post. I realize mistakes happen, but take 2 minutes to look over your work and get it right.