Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Star's All Big XII Teams

Were recently announced and can be found here. I have to ask - do you guys even watch these teams or is this just entirely guesswork based on whose name you have heard the most? Muckelroy, Texas' leading tackler by a mile doesn't even make second team despite being the anchor for far and away the best defense in the league? Okung doesn't make first team despite being the only guy all year to contain a healthy Orakpo and paving the way for the conference's leading rusher (by 500 yards)? Brandon Harold had a better year at DE than Gerald McCoy - really?!?

I'm sure my picks aren't perfect and plenty would disagree (though no one has as of yet), but this kind of shit is ridiculous. I really feel like it's time we require that anyone submitting votes for these teams (or especially in the polls) has to answer a few common-sensical questions that an educated watched would know. If you're wrong, you lose your vote. Perhaps then these polls and teams might reflect some semblance of coherence and understanding of what's been happening over the last 3 months. I feel like I've wasted all of your time by even dignifying this with a post. Please accept my apologies.

*UPDATE* Dave Matter released his picks toward the AP teams.  And yes, they're even worse than the Star's. Unreal. Then again, he did predict a 55-28 MU win on Saturday, so...

5 comments:

John Brown said...

I think they had Bob Stoops make his selections and then went with that.

Anonymous said...

The B12 selections, both media and coaches, are absolute bull shit. Funny how some made 1st team on some and honorable on the other.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and please add 'Matt Eberflus' to your player of the game poll. He'll get a few votes, trust me.

Hiphopopotamus said...

Admit it, you were secretly hoping his alma mater would choose him over Beckman.

Anonymous said...

I won't say no.