Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gary Danielson's Tebowner Lives On...

On Fox Sports Radio Monday, Danielson was asked about the 154 voters who left Tebow off their ballot (brilliant baiting job on their part) - Danielson had this to say:
"Well, because it's a strategy ...That's exactly why it's done. That's why I gave up my Heisman vote about four or five years ago. I just thought this thing is a joke and I don't want to be a part of it. And by the way, I resigned from the Davey O'Brien award this year for the same reason. The Davey O'Brien wanted me to vote for the outstanding quarterback in college football and here were my choices: Colt McCoy, great player, Sam Bradford, great player, and Graham Harrell, great player. But how can all three of the great players be from the same league? I mean come on, if you're going to have an award, you got to have Tim Tebow on that award this year don't you? I just said I'm not interested. I really don't even like these things and if the Heisman wasn't out of New York, nobody would care."
I should note that by his logic, had Tebow been the quarterback at Tech this year, he would not have merited consideration because he would then have been in the same league as Bradford and McCoy. Then what, Gary? Is that a world your ready to live in? Tread lightly, my friend.

No comments: