Sunday, December 2, 2007

Orange Bowl Baby!

So in the last 24 hours...

1. Methzou Pinkels away their national championship dreams
2. Kansas gets a HUGE (though ugly) road win at USC
3. And finally, Kansas is heading to the Orange Bowl to play the Virginia Tech Hokies



In other news, 7 more Big 12 teams accepted bids to play in bowls today as well.

Oklahoma will be returning to Glendale to play in the Fiesta Bowl against West Virginia. After last night I like Boomer's chances, but this should be a fun game to watch.

Methzouri will be heading south to play Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. I think they play for a team without a coach names Arkansas. This one is a tough call as I'm not sure how the ecstatic Methzou is to be in this game or how their run defense will fare. Right now I'll go with them, but I reserve the right to change my mind here.

Texas will be heading west to play Arizona State in the Holiday Bowl. Though Rudy Carpenter will be having wet dreams thinking about throwing on Texas, I still like the Horns in this one.

Texas Tech is also going to Florida to play Virginia in the Gator Bowl. I'm no expert on Virginia, but I watched bits and pieces of them and there is no reason Tech should not beat them if they play anything like they did against OU.

Texas A&M is staying close to home to play Penn State in the Alamo Bowl. This one seems like a pick 'em. Who is coaching them? Mike Sherman?

Oklahoma State will be playing the feel good story of the year Indiana in the Insight Bowl. I think OSU is infinitely better than Indiana, but I'm not convinced they win this game. I'll go with them for now.

And finally, Colorado will be playing Alabama in the Independence Bowl. The real guess here is how many Boulder hippies do you think will venture down to Shreveport? I'll take the under. As for the game, it's a very tough call because both teams have exhibited some bipolar disorder. Why not lean with the Big 12 - I have in every other game.

4 comments:

Robo Boogie said...

Even better MU was 6 in the BCS standings and KU 8. Also MU was in front in coaches and ap. Yet KU got the bid to the orange. That is sooo awesome. Man that will piss em off. Just booked my flights. See ya down there. think we will be staying a the team hotel where ever that is. Also book through FLL and not MIA it is quite a bit cheaper.

Hiphopopotamus said...

Every day is a great day to be a Jayhawk...but today is even better than most. I just booked my flights as well. Still waiting to hear which hotel the team will be at also. What days will you be there?

Robo Boogie said...

just the night of the 2nd and 3rd headed back the 4th. You and the Missus going?

Anonymous said...

Ok, we got fucked, yet we pissed it away. It's the strange feeling of losing your viginity to a hooker you didn't pay for.